Friday, November 5, 2010

Through the storm

A couple of days ago we had some really intense weather that woke us up in the middle of the night. It had been a long time since we'd seen rain. I think I heard on the news that it had been more than 50 days, so the rain was actually welcome. But this one was a whopper of a storm.

It's hard to imagine how anyone could sleep through thunder and lightening like that. I have talked to people before who have said they can sleep through anything, but I can't.

Eventually the storm subsided and we went back to sleep. When we woke up it was much cooler outside and looked like we had quite a bit of rain. It was a beautiful morning and even the plants in our garden seemed to be smiling a little bit.

This week I saw my surgeon and he gave me good news. Since we caught my cancer early (and there was no visible spread) he said he would put me in a "low-risk" group for metastasis. Good news indeed. I'm still somewhat nervous about what my future holds, but now I feel like I've weathered the worst of the storm.

Some day it may rain again, but right now I'm smiling a little bit, and I am grateful for beautiful mornings.


No comments:

Post a Comment