Sunday, October 3, 2010

Here's yer Sign

So, here’s the reality so far.
I have Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma with a Follicular Variant.

When the pathologist gave me the preliminary report on Friday I wasn’t all that surprised. I somehow expected it. In fact, before we went to the hospital I told my husband that I had the feeling my life as I knew it was about to change forever.

The pathologist told me not to go look up my cancer on the internet, so of course I went home and looked it up.

The good news is that my cancer (did I really call it my cancer?) can be a very treatable form of cancer. The bad news is that it is still cancer, and it can take many different paths. What if it has already spread?

After I see my doctor I'll have more answers I am sure. But I haven’t talked to my doctor yet, and for now I only have the preliminary pathology report. I know that there will be more tests and many more visits to the hospital.

I have cancer.

I don’t want to do this. I am scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment